Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still sewing...

For anyone who has the Carter pattern by Cyndi & Company, make sure your pattern pieces have *resived 2009 written on it. Things seem to be going along much easier now.

Here is the pleated front skirt with the inverted pleat, although you can't see it here. I've also sewn the contrast bands onto the bodice yoke front and backs. In this pic, the lining is going on. Then I'll be making the skirt placket and sewing the skirt to the bodice. I didn't get revised directions, so I'm making most of it up.

Put on your sunglasses! This is the next thing on my sewing agenda. I think I'll be making View 1 of Bonnie Blue's Shelby Kate.


I was so excited to see Southern Matriach's post about machine embroidery. I've been studying my new-to-me Viking Rose. I also won a good deal for a reader/writer on eBay, so we'll see...maybe I'll play around with that here soon.


Hmm....does everyone know what this is? We're having a cool rainy day, so I thought I'd make some vegetable beef soup with okra! Yum...it's sooo good. It'll be too hot here to have soup before long, so I thought I"d give it one last shot.

No comments: