Wednesday, October 01, 2008

more prep

I've finally cut out some leaf shapes for my applique block. Sheesh! Am I taking forever on this thing, or what?


I also invested in a Sidewinder. It winds bobbins without having to use a sewing machine. The reason I needed this is because of...


...this. I bought a Dr. Joe's pleater from Martha Pullen company. I have a 16 row read pleater, but I wanted a 24 row pleater. I like the set-up with the bobbins so I don't have to buy 24 spools of thread.

Here are some strips I cut for my baby blocks quilt. I know the colors aren't great, but my friend picked it out for me and she died of liver cancer so I WILL make it. I'm actually using this quilt to practice my hand-piecing. I'm using the Jinny Beyer method. I bought her hand-piecing dvd and man, can that lady piece quickly. I'm having a hard time doing it this way, but I'm just going to chalk that up to needing more practice. My thimble finger just seems to be in the way.

Last but not least, I've woven in the ends on the baby afghan. yay! I'm done with it!!! So I leave you with a mass of sleeping kitty.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I've never seen one of those pleaters before. Looks intimidating. Leaves are progress... :)