Friday, August 08, 2008

More Sewing room

I've added a few more items to my sewing room. I got this Ott Floor lamp at Wally world for $40!! Go me! I have a desk-top one, but I just couldn't pass up this.





My mom was going to get rid of this cutting table. For months she's been telling me that she has a "sewing" table that I could have...lol....it's really a cutting table and I'm THRILLED to have it. No more spreading my cardboard thingie out on my bed. This table folds down to about 12" wide, but spreads out very large. It'll be great for rotary cutting my quilts with no backache.





I'm thinking about buying this sewing table off of eBay. For now, I'm using a card table. I'm thinking of putting a velcro curtain around it...That would make for some good storage underneath. However, with a sewing table I can store my threads, have drawers, and have the lift thingie to raise or lower my sewing machine. Decisions...decisions...


I have my television set up in the corner. Can you see what I'm watching?


Then I added this shoe bag to the back of the door. I'm just going to be putting some odds and ends into it.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like it's coming together. I love that shoe hanger idea! Now why didn't I think of that?! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

Laura said...

Yes, it's coming along. I'm hoping to finagle a day off next week. If I get it I'm going to spend the day making up an embarrassing post showing my works-in-progess. THEN the sewing shall begin!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love my Ott lights...I have three of them strategically placed ;) and I LOVE my craft/cutting table....;)

I got a really good price on the fancy Ott light at Hobby Lobby using their 40% off coupon...I actually had a hard time believing they would let me walk out the store after paying such a low price for the lamp!! ha ha